Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/17 11:52:11 UTC

[Discussion] Camel - clustering - servicemix 4

I try to design one or several scenario that we could use to design a
clustering architecture for a project using Camel top of ServiceMix 4.

My first idea was to use the loadbalancer pattern
(http://camel.apache.org/load-balancer.html) of camel to forward the
request to the endpoints of one of the servers available. If the
instances of the servers run into the
same virtual machine, than this is fine otherwise we have to call
remote services using remote OSGi,
REST services, queues, ...

Pros : simplicity of the solution
Cons : no real clustering

My second idea which is a bit more elaborate (I hope so ;-) ) is to
use NMR as the clustering engine. This feature is already available
under ServiceMix 4.0
(http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4NMR/13-clustering.html) but for JBI
endpoints.

Questions :

Could we use Camel NMR (http://camel.apache.org/nmr.html) to design
such a clustering described in chapter 13 of SMX4NMR ?

If this is not the case, can we extend the existing service to provide
clustering feature for camel-nmr endpoint, I mean : loadbalancing,
rollback and redelivery when a camel-NMR exchange fail, pause new
exchanges processing when the number of concurrently processed
messages reach a given threshold) ?

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect