Posted to zeta-dev@incubator.apache.org by Tobias Schlitt <to...@schlitt.info> on 2010/07/17 10:50:22 UTC

[zeta-dev] Status: Code drop performed, SVN import tests ahead, website in the works

Re: [zeta-dev] Status: Code drop performed, SVN import tests ahead, website in the works

Posted by Tobias Schlitt <to...@schlitt.info>.

Re: [zeta-dev] Status: Code drop performed, SVN import tests ahead, website in the works

Posted by Sebastian Bergmann <se...@apache.org>.
On 07/17/2010 03:50 AM, Tobias Schlitt wrote:
> I'll try to post irregular status updates to the list from now on, to
> keep you all up to date, what is going on behind the scenes.

 Hello Tobias,

 thank you for the update -- and the work behind the scenes on this
 one.

> revisions / hour. Therefore we need to process the import in an
> alternative way: Master servers will be closed for commits and
> synchronization will be stopped. Then the import will happen through
> normal import from shell on the masters. This should take about 1-2
> hours. After that, commits and sync will be re-enabled. To avoid
> disturbing commiters, this will need to happen during a weekend in a
> time with typically few commits. Therefore, the import may take some
> more weeks, to schedule it properly.

 This is because all ASF "repositories" are one big SVN repository,
 right?

--
Sebastian Bergmann                    Co-Founder and Principal Consultant
http://sebastian-bergmann.de/                           http://thePHP.cc/