Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2018/06/02 05:44:15 UTC

Hive PreCommit Builds

Hello Hive Devs, hope you are well.

We (INFRA) have an issue with your PreCommit builds currently.

You have consistently over 100 builds in the Jenkins build queue, not
waiting on en executor but waiting on the previous build to complete,
unfortunately it seems the PreCommits are coming in faster than the
builds are happening.

Some of your PreCommit builds have now been waiting in the queue for
nearly 3 DAYS!

Could you please do something about this, and/or discuss with INFRA a
path forward to get these builds down to a sensible level. Running behind
by 3 days is not really in the best interests of the project either.

Thanks

Gav… (ASF Infra Team)

Re: Hive PreCommit Builds

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your email. We are very aware of the current situation with the
Hive precommit and we are working on improving our infrastructure to
support multiple patch runs. This is being tracked by some of the sub-tasks
under HIVE-19425. While we are working on it if you have any ideas on
improving the situation from the INFRA side, that would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Vihang