Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com> on 2016/08/29 21:18:17 UTC

Turning off JIRA notifications temporarily at ~6PM PDT for bulk JIRA fix version update

Hi folks,

I'm planning to pull the trigger on a bulk JIRA update to add the
3.0.0-alpha1 fix version to a bunch of JIRAs, based on the versioning
scheme put forth in a previous set of common-dev emails [1]. Vinod asked me
to hold off on the 2.8.0 update, I think he'll run it separately.

I've talked to infra about this, and the best way of avoiding a flood of
notifications is to temporarily disable JIRA update notifications while the
bulk update is running.

If you'd like to review the script (and most importantly, the JIRA query),
it's available here:

https://github.com/umbrant/jira-update

I've already gotten a few people to look at it and I've done some test
runs, so I think it's ready to go.

I plan to run the script around 6PM PDT (3.75 hours from now), and will
send out an all-clear when everything is done.

Thanks,
Andrew

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5bcff03c5de719651c621563b2653b914ee03c352d5aee76abe58284@%3Ccommon-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E

Re: Turning off JIRA notifications temporarily at ~6PM PDT for bulk JIRA fix version update

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
Script has finished, JIRA notifications should be back on. If you notice
any strangeness, let me know.

I'll send a separate email blast reminding people about branches and fix
versions.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.