Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Novogrodsky <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/05 17:59:37 UTC

Looking for live sources of Syslog data to test Flume

Hello everyone.

I am experimenting with Flume and Hadoop.  I am looking to set-up a
connection to a syslog generator.  Is there a public web site that is
generating syslog data in near real-time I can connect to?  Something to
test my Flume configurations?

David Novogrodsky
david.novogrodsky@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidnovogrodsky

Re: Looking for live sources of Syslog data to test Flume

Posted by Alex Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
You can use the ” logger" command to generate test data.

Posted by Alex Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
David:
Have you considered asking this question on user@flume.a.o ?

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
David:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
David:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
David:

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Looking for live sources of Syslog data to test Flume

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alex Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.