Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Subramanian Olagappan <os...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/27 17:07:43 UTC

Surefire and testing plugin issue

Hi,

I am using maven-surefire-plugin version 2.17 and testng plugin version
6.3.1 (jdk version is 1.7 ). Some of our tests are failing and in the
testng-results.xml file it is reported as fail. The issue is "maven" is
reporting the failed tests as "skipped" and the final build status is
SUCCESS.

Has anyone faced this issue ? if so what is the soln.

I tried with "surefire-testng" plugin instead of "testng" plugin. With this
change, maven is properly reporting the failed tests and the final build is
reported as FAIL

What is the difference between testng and surefire-testng plugin , I don't
see any mention in the surefire plugin page, so I am not sure if it is
correct to use this plugin.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Subbu

RE: Surefire and testing plugin issue

Posted by Tim Wu T <ti...@ericsson.com>.
Never used maven "testng" plugin to run the test case, maybe you mean the dependency is testng?

Surefire plugin could support different test engine, testng/junit3/junit4.

Br,
Tim