Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by EDMONDO SENA <ed...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/29 08:22:24 UTC

authapi.jar with Log4j2

Good Morning,

authapi.jar is a 3pp library which uses old log4 inside.
Is there any way to get authapi.jar to work with log4j 2?

What can I do to make them work together?
Do I need to download a new authapi.jar version for log4j2?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.

//Edmondo.

Re: authapi.jar with Log4j2

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Attachements will not come through on this mailing list.

Gary

Re: authapi.jar with Log4j2

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
It appears that this is from a proprietary product so I don’t have access to their source
code. You only have a couple of options:
1. Decompile the AgentDebugger class and the portion of AuthSessionFactory that calls
it and provide that to us so we can identify why it needs this. However, that might violate
whatever license agreement you have with RSA.
2. Contact RSA and report this issue.

I can’t be sure but it almost looks like RSA has implemented their own Log4j 1.x implementation.
If that indeed is the case then there is no way a Log4j 2 compatibility layer is going to support that.

Ralph

Re: authapi.jar with Log4j2

Posted by EDMONDO SENA <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: authapi.jar with Log4j2