Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2014/02/16 09:24:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Celix version 1.0.0.incubating

This is the release vote for Apache Celix, version 1.0.0.incubating

This release has already been approved by:

+1 Marcel Offermans (marrs) (binding)
+1 Karl Pauls (pauls) (binding)
+1 Gerrit Binnenmars (non-binding)
+1 Pepijn Noltes (pnoltes) (non-binding)

See http://incubator.markmail.org/thread/zkkpgitohcziwhtk for their votes.

As can be seen we do not have enough binding votes, so it would really be
appreciated if some people can find some time to review this release.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12323511&styleName=Html&projectId=12311213&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED%7Cca8cb9dc9141fab1c4e55ded0645d766d85f7ae2%7Clin

Source files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/celix/celix-1.0.0.incubating/

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/celix/tags/celix-1.0.0.incubating/

Celix's keys can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/celix/KEYS

Information for voting on a release can be found at
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Disapprove the release (please provide specific comments)

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: [VOTE] Release Celix version 1.0.0.incubating

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Marcel Offermans <
marcel.offermans@luminis.eu> wrote:

> I agree with sebb and David that it's a good idea to remove links to SVN
> from the download page and I propose that the Celix community changes this
> on their website.

The SVN links are removed from the download page.

> At the same time I think this should be a separate discussion, as this
> thread is about voting about the Celix release itself. Alexander has
> addressed some of the issues raised here, so I would like to ask everybody
> to focus on that. The Celix community has been working hard over the years
> to show that they get the Apache way, and you would really help them by
> reviewing and voting on the release.

I agree with Marcel. I appreciate all the feedback, but would like to focus
on the release. The vote has been open for quite some time, so any help
reviewing and voting on the release is welcome.

Thanks,
Pepijn

Re: [VOTE] Release Celix version 1.0.0.incubating

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.eu>.
I agree with sebb and David that it's a good idea to remove links to SVN from the download page and I propose that the Celix community changes this on their website.

At the same time I think this should be a separate discussion, as this thread is about voting about the Celix release itself. Alexander has addressed some of the issues raised here, so I would like to ask everybody to focus on that. The Celix community has been working hard over the years to show that they get the Apache way, and you would really help them by reviewing and voting on the release.

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for reviewing!

See my replies inline.

> > The tag to be voted upon:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/celix/tags/celix-1.0.0.incubating/
>
> The NOTICE file 2nd line says:
>
> Copyright [2012] The Apache Software Foundation
>
> This is wrong on two counts: the [ ] are not required, and the year(s)
> should include more than just 2012 unless there has been no
> substantive change since then.

This remarks has been made on the celix list as well, but for our mentors
wasn't big enough to hold the release. Will be fixed for a next release.

Is this good enough?

> > Celix's keys can be found at:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/celix/KEYS
>
> These should really be in the release directory, i.e
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/celix/
>
> That will ensure the file is available to downloaders from the ASF
> mirror source.

I will move the files. Since this is not part of the release
source/packages, is it a blocking issue?

> Which reminds me: the KEYS file needs to be linked from the download
> page for use with the PGP sig.

I will add a link to the download page.

> There is a further issue with the download page.
> It currently contains links for SVN. I think those don't belong on a
> public download page.
> SVN links should be restricted to pages intended for developers, not
> the general public.

Is this common Apache policy? There are more projects who do this. Besides
the website states that the SVN version is a development version, and
explicitly mentions releases.

Besides the NOTICE file, al others are related to items not in the release
archive. Is it possible to add issues for the open points to our backlog
and get a +1 so we can make the release?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for reviewing! I'll add a remark for the KEYS file.

Seeing as the vote has already been open for more then 6 days, I'll also
close it in a bit.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.