Posted to general@db.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/02/25 07:55:08 UTC

Cayenne ASF proposal

Brian, et all.

We put a proposal draft on Cayenne Wiki:

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/ASF+Proposal

As we are requesting DB PMC to sponsor it, I am posting it on this
list before we send it to the incubator. I guess someone from DB PMC
would have to initiate the incubator request. Please comment.

Thanks
Andrus

Re: Cayenne ASF proposal

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Feb 25, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Brian McCallister wrote:

> Having the DB PMC sponsor the proposal basically means the DB PMC
> is taking responsibility and it will become a part of the DB
> Project -- which I don't think is quite what you want.

Yes, we want to go TLP. I am just hearing/reading conflicting
information about who can sponsor what. So whose help do we need to
enlist?

> We may also want to take this discussion to general@incubator --
> which gets a bit more traffic and probably where people can offer
> more advice!

Probably a good idea. I sent a note here since I was under the
impression that DB PMC can be a sponsor of a TLP.

Andrus

Re: Cayenne ASF proposal

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Brian,

I'm happy to mentor. I'm not  a member of ASF (I'm a committer/PMC on
MyFaces) and I thought you had to be an ASF member to mentor. If I'm
allowed as a mentor I'd be glad to help out!

Do you want me to post to the general@incubator list? Or should it
come from you?

Can you sponsor directly? Or maybe the correct question is, who
should we list as our sponsor? I think we'd (the cayenne community)
would be glad to go into DB to start if that is the best fit for now.
We are open to where ever the best fit is. The TLP request is because
cayenne is headed to be much more than your fathers OR mapping
framework :-)

I added myself as a mentor and removed the DB PMC sponsorship
language on the proposal page.

Thanks again!

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - myfaces.apache.org