Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/07/07 14:47:15 UTC

loader constraints violated when linking org/w3c/dom/Document class

Can I get somebody to look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-07-06/xml-fop.html?  It worked
on 07-05, and on 07-06, xalan's check out failed...

- Sam Ruby

Re: loader constraints violated when linking org/w3c/dom/Document class

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
OK,

I have committed a patch which will fix this for Gump. It remains, however,
a general problem. Most of our usage of the AntClassLoader is setting
systemFirst to false. This is a danger zone for loader constraint
violations. If we set these to true, however, we risk problems where a
class, seemingly on the classpath, given to the classloader will not be
found since the loading is being passed to the parent loader.

Whilst this is a backward compatability issue, we probably should change
this. Certainly for most taskdefs and typedefs, it would probably be OK. We
may want to investigate the ways in which the loader and build.sysclasspath
interact and what is desirable. I'll try to do that in the next few days.
There may be some scope to give the buildfile writer some control in some
situations.

Sam, I'd like to use the nightly Gump runs as a testing tool for these
changes. Let me know if we need to co-ordinate.

Conor

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Mon,  9 Jul 2001 13:31, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> > There are three changes that *could* be relevent.
>
> I don't think these changes are the cause since if these had been an issue
> a BuildException would have been thrown. Anyway, these changes were made
> after Sam sent his email.

Oh ;)
Then the only other slightly relevent change I can see was implementation of
AntClassLoader.getResources() but it is not imeadiately obvious to me how
this would cause the error. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Pete

RE: loader constraints violated when linking org/w3c/dom/Document class

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Sat,  7 Jul 2001 22:47, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Can I get somebody to look at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-07-06/xml-fop.html?  It worked
> on 07-05, and on 07-06, xalan's check out failed...

There are three changes that *could* be relevent. It looks like that
./lib/buildtools.jar is getting removed from Classpath and there is some
funny interaaction with it and gumps classpath handling. That said I cannot
test this theory as CVS keeps failing halfway through getting fop ;(

Hope that helps. If not - I will continue trying to get fop and test that
theory ;)

conor       01/07/07 07:05:28

  Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types Path.java
  Log:
  Another location where invalid paths can be ignored
  PR: 381
 Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant AntClassLoader.java
  Log:
  AntClassLoader now ignores paths which are invalid relative to the
  project.

  PR:    381
conor       01/07/07 06:51:12

  Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant AntClassLoader.java
                        Project.java
               src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs GZip.java
                        KeySubst.java Rename.java Replace.java Untar.java
               src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional Javah.java
                        NetRexxC.java
               src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/dotnet
                        CSharp.java Ilasm.java
  Log:
  Remove unnecessary use of Project.resolveFile by converting arguments to
  Files from Strings

Cheers,

Pete