Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Igor Bondarenko <je...@users.sf.net> on 2013/11/04 10:37:26 UTC

[allura:tickets] #5182 prevent out-of-office replies to allura notifications [ss1139]

- **status**: in-progress --> code-review

---

** [tickets:#5182] prevent out-of-office replies to allura notifications [ss1139]**

**Status:** code-review
**Labels:** support p3 42cc
**Created:** Wed Oct 24, 2012 06:21 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:28 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

[forge:site-support:#1139]

https://sourceforge.net/p/freefilesync/discussion/847543/thread/da516d2f/

>I am getting multiple "my email address has changed" and "out-of-office" emails from a user like:

>>I am currently out of the office returning 22/10/2012
>> If your email is important please forward to: xxx@xxx.com
>> All other emails will be delt with upon my return.
>>
>> Your message has not been forwarded.
>>
>> This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by xxx.

>What is going on? How can I get rid of this? I really have no desire for even more pointless emails filling my inbox.

We should look into:

1) adding headers to our notification emails to prevent (well-behaved) auto-responders from replying

2) check headers that auto-responders add, and not post to tickets/discussions/etc.  If there are popular autoresponse systems that don't set a relevant header, and body text needs to be analyzed, we can consider that for a second iteration on this.

Will require some research on what standards exist and how popular systems (e.g. gmail, exchange, etc) handle autoresponses.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/