Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@conads.com> on 2003/09/25 01:42:10 UTC

MS SQL Server Dates

I'm using an existing MS SQL Server for a small web app.

I'm doing a query based on daily activity. I build my query using a string
buffer which looks like "SELECT * FROM artciles WHERE  " + date1SQL +
"<=submitted and date_entered < " + date2SQL

Where date1SQL and date2SQL are strings formatted  "yyyyMMddHHmmss"

My question is, is this the best way to do it. Submitted is a smalldatetime
field and both date1 and date2 are GregorianCalender objects which I canvert
as required.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zoran