Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Abramson, Rami" <ra...@terayon.com> on 2003/04/27 13:45:49 UTC

exceptions/messages that are not written to a file !

Hello all,

We use log4j with file-appender and ConsoleAppender.
Our application crashes from time to time (yes, it happens...), and
sometimes the error that appears before the crash in the console does not
appear in the the log file.

For example the following appeared in the console but not in the log-file,
Exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested 65536000 bytes

Would appreciate if anyone has an idea what is going on and how to overcome
it.

	thank you,

              Rami A.

Re: exceptions/messages that are not written to a file !

Posted by Ingo Adler <in...@synacon.ch>.
Do you log big messages (length > 5 Mio.) ?

Ingo