Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> on 2021/11/05 16:17:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] RFC for Synchronous Metadata table for File listing

RFC-15
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/RFC+-+15%3A+HUDI+File+Listing+Improvements>
made an attempt to boost performance of file listing by storing all file
information in metadata table. As we are looking to build more infra around
metadata table (RFC-27 for data skipping, etc), we felt having a
synchronous design will make it more tighter and will avoid some of the
corner cases with async approach.

So, we will write up a new RFC for file listing based on metadata table
with synchronous updates.

-Sivabalan

Re: [DISCUSS] RFC for Synchronous Metadata table for File listing

Posted by Manoj Govindassamy <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the synchronous metadata updates. Looking forward to the RFC.

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 on this.