Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Macaluso <mm...@www.wavecorp.com> on 2002/02/25 15:01:41 UTC

Bug in the file src/util/Platforms/IRIX/IRIXPlatformUtils.cpp

Background:  Compiling with GCC 3.0.1 on IRIX 6.5.13.  I have used the
following for the call to runConfigure:
	runConfigure -pirix -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nsocket -tnative -rpthread -d

is placed just above the #ifdef XML_USE_SPROC.  However, in the #else clause
of the if statement it is redefined.  Therefore, YOU CAN NOT COMPILE CLEANLY
on the IRIX unless you use the sproc option.  If this were a requirement I
would either assume that it would be documented better or the #if would be
structured to always take that into account.  However, since these
declarations seem equivalent, I am assuming that this is merely a cut and
paste error.

The code look roughly like this:

	#if !defined(APP_NO_THREADS)

	static XMLMutex atomicOpsMutex;

	#ifdef XML_USE_SPROC

	#else

	static XMLMutex atomicOpsMutex

	#endif // XML_USE_SPROC

	#else

	#endif // #if !defined(APP_NO_THREADS)

I would recommend making it look like this by removing the second
declaration:

	#if !defined(APP_NO_THREADS)

	static XMLMutex atomicOpsMutex;

	#ifdef XML_USE_SPROC

	#else

	#endif // XML_USE_SPROC

	#else

	#endif // #if !defined(APP_NO_THREADS)

Hope this helps.

Michael Macaluso
WAVE Corporation
407 830-9283
mmacaluso@wavecorp.com

Re: Bug in the file src/util/Platforms/IRIX/IRIXPlatformUtils.cpp

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
I think this is fixed already in Xerces-C++ 1.6.0.     Please verify.

Tinny