Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Angel <an...@newmediabox.co.uk> on 2001/02/05 16:19:46 UTC

Database access - MySQL, Oracle?

Hi, a bit of a general question here

We are considering using Cocoon as the basis of a large site of 200 branches
of a leisure company but were concerned with the information on the Cocoon
site that XSP was designed to work with flat file and not a database server
(such as MySQL or Oracle for that matter).

What we want to do is very basic:

Pull content out of MySQL into XML documents using XSP and then transform
them into HTML with XSL. Is this a standard approach when using Cocoon?
Should we stick to the servlet/JSP model (but if so what about
post-processing the XML content which isn't supported?)

Any architecture advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Angel

Re: Database access - MySQL, Oracle?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Angel wrote:

> Hi, a bit of a general question here
>
> We are considering using Cocoon as the basis of a large site of 200 branches
> of a leisure company but were concerned with the information on the Cocoon
> site that XSP was designed to work with flat file and not a database server
> (such as MySQL or Oracle for that matter).
>
> What we want to do is very basic:
>
> Pull content out of MySQL into XML documents using XSP and then transform
> them into HTML with XSL. Is this a standard approach when using Cocoon?
> Should we stick to the servlet/JSP model (but if so what about
> post-processing the XML content which isn't supported?)

common as sea salt. give the esql logicsheet a whirl.

- donald