Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jwray <jo...@fiveprime.com> on 2008/02/01 04:47:13 UTC

Notifying a DataTable that data has changed

Hi,

New to Wicket so this maybe some obvious I'm missing and I'd appreciate any
pointers.

I have an AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable within a AjaxTabbedPanel backed by a
SortableDataProvider that drags data from a database as needed. One column
of my table contains an AjaxFallbackLink. This link opens up a ModelWindow
by constructing a Panel with the object from the selected row of the table
and setting the model window content before showing the window. The panel in
the model window contains a form for editing properties of the passed in
object, with two AjaxButtons for OK and Close. OK will take the form model
object and persist it to the database. All this works great, but I can't see
a way of notifying the table, or underlying data provider, that the data has
changed and needs to be refreshed. Any pointers on either how to do this or
an alternative approach?

thanks in advance.
Jonny
PS. This is my first attempt at using wicket and it's been refreshingly easy
to get this far. Thanks for a great framework.

Re: Notifying a DataTable that data has changed

Posted by jwray <jo...@fiveprime.com>.
Igor,

thanks for the reply and pointing me in the direction of a call back and the
ajax request target. I've not looked at the request target class in depth
yet, so that's probably the piece I was missing. I'll give it a try
tomorrow.

Jonny

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.