Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rishabh Patel <ri...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/05 22:35:02 UTC

Streaming expression with JDBC source returns no data for long running queries.

Hello,

I have created a Solr collection with 4 shards and 4 replicas. Now in the
UI, I am trying to fetch data from Hive JDBC source using streaming
expressions. The query executes successfully if I limit it to ~100000 rows.
With more rows, after about 10 seconds, the waiting spinner is gone and no
results are returned. There are no errors in the Solr logs or in the Hive
logs.

Here is the sample query

jdbc(
          connection="jdbc:hive2://node1.com:10000/default",
          sql="select * from default.temp limit 1000000",
          sort="id asc",
          driver="org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver")

Hive has executed the query successfully but the data is not displayed by
Solr. The same happens when the query is executed via curl. Is this
behaviour expected?

*Rishabh Patel*

Re: Streaming expression with JDBC source returns no data for long running queries.

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
The JdbcStream is pretty much just a wrapper for the JDBC driver. I don't
believe the size of the result set would have much effect on the JdbcStream.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/