Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> on 2005/11/27 00:40:27 UTC

[m2] question about pom and namespaces

Hi,
This is something I never understood so I'd like to know what was the
reasoning behind the choices that were made although some weren't made
by the maven project itself.
First, as I didn't misunderstood this wrong, the ant xml format itself
doesn't have a schema? I saw it can get extended using taskdef and
new targets. Which makes a schema useless I suppose.
Now, there's a possibility to insert some ant code inside the pom itself.
Wouldn't be better if when we call an external tool that uses some xml
based format that it's code should use namespaces?
I mean you must let tools be able to analyze the document, validate the
content and offer code completion. Without namespaces I don't see these
documents very xml-friendly.
Also other path would be that the editors would have to know the various
formats used and be able to do reflection run-time, but in which
timespan can that be achieved?