Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sumera Shakir <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 05:41:35 UTC

unlock my file part 2

Hello again,

I wrote earlier about my paper not opening.  It is an .rtf file.  When I go to open it, it says there is a General input/output error.  I tried a Command -I and it shows that the file is not locked.

Please respond as soon as possible..

Thank you very much again
Sumera Shakir
201-618-8850

Re: unlock my file part 2

Posted by Tubular <tu...@iinet.com>.
Howdy, I do not use a mac; however, the .rtf is a MS priority format.
Are you running Windows something on your Mac?  If so, have you tried
opening Open Office under the Windows application then search / open
your document?

Is it possible this document was saved as .doc (example) then renamed
via an Explorer type program?   As you can tell, I am a Windows user.

Sorry, I could not be more helpful . . .