Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jason Riedy <ej...@cise.ufl.edu> on 1997/07/23 18:47:29 UTC

Re: mod_access/817: htaccess ignored if unreadable...

Oh well.  And brian@hyperreal.org writes:
 - Synopsis: htaccess ignored if unreadable...

 - These seems like a perfectly reasonable request - when you finish
 - the patch send it on and we'll consider it for inclusion.  It's
 - possible that folks out there are relying upon this behavior for
 - some perverse reason, but I think we'll probably change it as
 - you suggest...

I can see how it'd be a quick way to disable commands, but I'd prefer
to protect people from disabling security through a restrictive umask.
>shrug<  Of course, now I'll probably have to answer a dozen ``why
doesn't this work anymore'' questions.

I'm not quite steady on allocation/deallocation, so I'm just imitating
other error messages.  The pool gets reaped after the request, I hope,
so it shouldn't matter.  The strerror/errno dependence might be a
problem on some systems (NT?), but it seemed the easiest method.

In other words, here's a patch with a bunch of assumptions.  It's
for http_config.c .

Jason, looking forward to turning off DNS outside htaccess files...  ;)