Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/01/08 03:23:13 UTC

release prep

I recreated the branch as we had a ton of fixes come in thanks to
reports by Alex and others.  Good to see some holiday activity :)
People getting some time off and choosing to spend some of it with us,
thank you!

Going to start creating svn revisioned builds of our snapshot
dependencies, or pull the final version if available.  So far that's:

maven-surefire-plugin
xbean
geronimo-connector
commons-dbcp

There maybe some more, just took a quick look.

If people can start kicking the tires and sniffing over the binaries,
run our assemblies and try them out, that'd be a very big help.
There's usually a lot of manual work there that needs to be done
before release.

-David

Re: release prep

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jan 10, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2008, at 2:48 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>>> commons-dbcp
>>
>> Still an unknown.  It'd be fantastic if we can get this released or
>> find a solution that doesn't involve publishing to our mini-repo in
>> svn (if we do that then we have to add the repo to *all* our
>> examples just for this one jar).
>
> Last time I asked, they wanted a few more JIRAs completed before
> releasing this.  There hasn't been any progress since

Connector, xbean and surefire have now all been released.  That just
leaves commons-dbcp.  I checked in a module that takes commons-dbcp
and uses shade to "repackage" it into our groupId.  We should be able
to publish a snapshot of commons-dbcp into the little repo in our svn
tree, but update all the code but the dep module to use the repackaged
one which would get published with the rest of our org.apache.openejb
groupId'ed libraries.  The end result would mean that you wouldn't
have to add the little repo in our svn tree to your pom's repo list if
you wanted to have a dep on openejb-core or other.  Going to do the
same for our cxf code (currently requiring the incubator repo to be in
your pom), but in this case also squish it down to one jar instead of
the 8 or so it is now.

Currently none of our examples list these other repos (little repo in
our svn, and incubator) and as a result they don't actually work
unless you magically happen to have the right deps in your local maven
repo.  Unfortunately, this was the case in beta 1 and I suspect all
the examples were broken for you unless you happened to build openejb
(simply depending on it doesn't do it).

-David

Re: release prep

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Jan 10, 2008, at 2:48 AM, David Blevins wrote:

>> commons-dbcp
>
> Still an unknown.  It'd be fantastic if we can get this released or
> find a solution that doesn't involve publishing to our mini-repo in
> svn (if we do that then we have to add the repo to *all* our
> examples just for this one jar).

Last time I asked, they wanted a few more JIRAs completed before
releasing this.  There hasn't been any progress since

-dain

Re: release prep

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Updates on our snapshot situation.

On Jan 7, 2008, at 6:23 PM, David Blevins wrote:
> maven-surefire-plugin

Surefire 2.4 went up for a vote late December but still hasn't closed
(last vote was on the 3rd) .  I replied to the vote thread on the 8th
asking what the status was letting them know we needed a release but
no response yet.

> xbean

Shot an email off to xbean-dev volunteering to cut 3.3

> geronimo-connector

Put this one up for a vote.  Could be ready as soon as Sunday.

> commons-dbcp

Still an unknown.  It'd be fantastic if we can get this released or
find a solution that doesn't involve publishing to our mini-repo in
svn (if we do that then we have to add the repo to *all* our examples
just for this one jar).

If all goes well, we can put OpenEJB 3.0-beta-2 up for a vote on
Monday the 14th.

-David