Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2015/02/18 22:01:29 UTC

customers and buyers

What is the best practice supported by OFBiz for managing customer
relationships?
One normally has many contacts at a customer. Your sales people interact
with end-users, buyers, managers and technical advisers working at the
customer.
I assume
1)  the company and each of the people is a party.
2) each of the people parties have a relationship with the company
3) in this relationship the people have roles
4) your salepeople have a relationship with one or more of the parties

What is the right way to describe 2)? From their POV it is an
employee-employer relationship. Fromoutside, I would expect that this an
organization-agent relationship.
What is the best way to assign roles in the relationship 2) and 3) to
make sure that OFBiz works well?
What is the type of relationship to handle 4). It looks like a
CUSTOMER_REL with roles of CUSTOMER and ACCOUNT_LEAD.

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: customers and buyers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Le 18/02/2015 22:01, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
> What is the best practice supported by OFBiz for managing customer relationships?
> One normally has many contacts at a customer. Your sales people interact with end-users, buyers, managers and technical advisers working at the
> customer.
> I assume
> 1)  the company and each of the people is a party.
> 2) each of the people parties have a relationship with the company
> 3) in this relationship the people have roles
> 4) your salepeople have a relationship with one or more of the parties
>
> What is the right way to describe 2)? From their POV it is an employee-employer relationship. Fromoutside, I would expect that this an
> organization-agent relationship.

inside
PartyRelationship.partyIdTo where
PartyRelationship.partyIdFrom=PartyGroup.partyId,
PartyRelationship.roleTypeIdFrom=INTERNAL_ORGANIZATIO,
PartyRelationship.roleTypeIdTo=EMPLOYEE,
PartyRelationship.partyRelationshipTypeId=EMPLOYMENT,
PartyRelationship.fromDate/PartyRelationship.thruDate valid
and PartyRelationship.partyIdTo is of type Person

outside change the roleTypeIdTo from EMPLOYEE to CUSTOMER, and the partyRelationshipTypeId tp CUSTOMER_REL, etc.

> What is the best way to assign roles in the relationship 2) and 3) to make sure that OFBiz works well?
> What is the type of relationship to handle 4). It looks like a CUSTOMER_REL with roles of CUSTOMER and ACCOUNT_LEAD.

If you need hierarchical relations ACCOUNT_LEAD for roleTypeIdFrom sounds goods indeed, etc.

Jacques