Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org> on 2019/09/02 07:11:46 UTC

Re: Assigning UID to Flink SQL queries

Hi Yuval,

Unfortunately currently you cannot assign UIDs in table programs. The
reason is that uid is used for reassigning state upon restart. Table
programs are automatically compiled to executable program. This program
might change depending on many factors: table statistics, applied rules
etc. As of know it can also change between Flink version if we implement
new optimizations, operators etc. Right now user also does not have
access to the execution graph.

This is though something that we definitely want to address at some point.

Best,

Dawid