Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Stoianov <ni...@yaya.com> on 2001/06/19 02:24:52 UTC

please help with mod_jk

Hi,

I'm having the following problem:

I am running Apache (on Linux) , tomcat and mod_jk

I have a virtual host and the entry for this virtual host in httpd.conf is the following:
NameVirtualHost 192.168.100.145

<VirtualHost 192.168.100.145>
ServerAdmin mymail@myserver.com
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/html/test
DirectoryIndex index.html
ServerName test1.myserver.com
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log common
JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /servlets/* ajp12
</VirtualHost>

In /usr/local/tomcat/webapps  I have a directory test with WEB-INF subdirectory

In server.xml I have the following entry:
--------------------------
<Host name="test1.myserver.com" >
<Context path=""
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/test" />
<Context path="/servlets"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/sam/WEB-INF/classes" />
</Host>
--------------------------

I have put my servlets in /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/sam/WEB-INF/classes  and my HTML files are in:
/usr/local/apache/html/test

When I start Apache and Tomcat and try to call a servlet from the servlet directory (e.g. http://test1.myserver.com/servlets/name_of_the_servlet)  I get ERROR 404 - File not found

I know I'm doing something wrong - but I really don't know what. Please help

Nick

Re: please help with mod_jk

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
You'll need to put the same virtual host in the server.xml as in your
httpd.conf.

cheers
dim