Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by kmd <zw...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/29 13:06:54 UTC

reporting spam (spamtrap)

hello everybody,

i successfully created a spamtrap (have put a hidden email address on
2 webpages i own) and after two weeks spam is already coming in. i'd
like to automatically report this spam with the 'spamassassin -r'
option. razor is installed and i'm am using my spamcop address
(spamcop_to_address in SA user_prefs) to report the spam to spamcop.
i've put the following in procmailrc of the spamtrap account, but not
sure whether this is actually good:

:0
| /usr/bin/spamassassin -r

unfortunately, this generates an error many people reported here
too... "Insecure dependency in connect while running with -T switch at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/IO/Socket.pm line 114". i
found out this is due spamcop. i'm running latest SA 3.03. does anyone
know a solution please? or is reporting to spamcop simply not working?
please advice.

thank you
--
kmd

Re: reporting spam (spamtrap)

Posted by kmd <zw...@gmail.com>.
On 4/29/05, kmd <zw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello everybody,
>
> i successfully created a spamtrap (have put a hidden email address on
> 2 webpages i own) and after two weeks spam is already coming in. i'd
> like to automatically report this spam with the 'spamassassin -r'
> option. razor is installed and i'm am using my spamcop address
> (spamcop_to_address in SA user_prefs) to report the spam to spamcop.
> i've put the following in procmailrc of the spamtrap account, but not
> sure whether this is actually good:
>
> :0
> | /usr/bin/spamassassin -r
>
> unfortunately, this generates an error many people reported here
> too... "Insecure dependency in connect while running with -T switch at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/IO/Socket.pm line 114". i
> found out this is due spamcop. i'm running latest SA 3.03. does anyone
> know a solution please? or is reporting to spamcop simply not working?
> please advice.

bug #4118 mentions

"Looks like this is just (at the least) a Perl5.8.1 issue.  Upgrading Perl to
5.8.6 made the taint warning/error go away."

this means i'll have to upgrade perl on my mdk 9.2 server, which is
not trivial :\
can anyone confirm that upgrading perl 5.8.6 will stop the 'insecure
dependency' error when reporting to spamcop?

thank you

--
kmd