Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/06 22:38:21 UTC

Keeping CHANGES.txt in sync with actual CHANGES

Hi Folks,
Can I please ask that we keep CHANGES.txt up-to-date.
I forget this ALL the time... so I know how easy it is.
It is really helpful for quick provenance tracking over time.
Right now I have a local copy of OODT, with a number of files changed
within filemgr component and I just did a svn update... which of course led
to conflicts. I then went to CHANGES.txt, and I am now having to sniff my
way through through svn log and viewvc to try and piece together what has
been committed to trunk codebase.
</rant>
Have a great weekend folks :)
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Keeping CHANGES.txt in sync with actual CHANGES

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
No joke.
I have a hellish drouth going on... #beer

--
*Lewis*

Re: Keeping CHANGES.txt in sync with actual CHANGES

>Can I please ask that we keep CHANGES.txt up-to-date.
>I forget this ALL the time... so I know how easy it is.
>It is really helpful for quick provenance tracking over time.
>Right now I have a local copy of OODT, with a number of files changed
>within filemgr component and I just did a svn update... which of course
>led
>to conflicts. I then went to CHANGES.txt, and I am now having to sniff my
>way through through svn log and viewvc to try and piece together what has
>been committed to trunk codebase.
></rant>
>Have a great weekend folks :)
>Lewis
>
>--
>*Lewis*

Re: Keeping CHANGES.txt in sync with actual CHANGES

Posted by ke...@apache.org.
+1.

Heck, +193.6.

Thanks for the reminder Lewis.