Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2002/09/10 21:58:07 UTC

Re: Footers in multi-sections document

Todeush, Serhiy wrote:
> Is it possible to create single document with the footers to satisfy
> following conditions:
> Title Page		 		- no footers,
> Section 1 (15 pages long) 		- footers with static text "Policy"
> and Page Number from 1 to 15,
> Section 2 (10 or more pages long)	 - no footers.
>
> It seems as I have to use something like:
> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="first">
> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="section1">
> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="section2">
>

> But is it valid with FOP to have more than 2 simple-page-masters?
> Could you please give an example of correct structure for the document?

You can have as much fo:simple-page-master elements as you
like. Also, if you don't want to have different extents for
the footer area, you can use the same page master for all
three page sequences and define static content for the
region-after for the second page sequence only.
If you don't want to have three page sequences, look up what
a fo:page-sequencce-master and perhaps fo:marker/fo:retrieve-marker
can do for you.

J.Pietschmann