Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2020/08/16 21:11:18 UTC

Fw: Jenkins instance builds.a.o being shut down 22nd August.

I'm working on doing the migration for OpenWhisk.  Assuming the script
works, should be straightforward.

--dave

----- Forwarded by David P Grove/Watson/IBM on 08/16/2020 05:10 PM -----

From:	Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>
To:	Apache Infrastructure <us...@infra.apache.org>
Date:	08/15/2020 08:24 AM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] Jenkins instance builds.a.o being shut down 22nd
            August.

Hi All PMCs,

few weeks; and the big yellow banner notification on builds.a.o instance
itself, Jenkins is due to be turned off.

The original date for turning off the service was 15th August - Today! -
However some projects are yet to make the migration to the new server(s)
(either ci-builds.a.o for the majority or ci-hadoop.a.o for Hadoop and
related projects.)

The deadline has - for one time only - been extended to 22nd August - so
you have 1 more week only to move your jobs.

After that, builds.a.o WILL be turned off for good and the DNS will
redirect to ci-builds.a.o.

Today I will be moving over most of the remaining agents to the new
masters, leaving just a minimal few for those that still need to migrate.

Job config xml files will be saved. However you can always grab them
yourselves at any time.

See the handy script [1] that can help you migrate all jobs at once - take
only 5 minutes! - After which tweaks may need to be done, or in most cases
not.

[1] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrating+Jenkins
+jobs+from+Jenkins+to+Cloudbees

Please feel free to forward this message to your dev communities. Replies
should go to users@infra.a.o or new questions should go to builds@a.o

Re: Fw: Jenkins instance builds.a.o being shut down 22nd August.

Posted by Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org>.
Jobs have been migrated to ci-builds.a.o and disabled on builds.a.o.

The Dockerhub job isn't triggering Slack notification to #dev on completion,
but otherwise everything appears to be working.

--dave