Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/29 09:59:20 UTC

Unable to change dependency using client_artifact_aliases.properties

 Hi!!

  I am using *client_artifact_aliases.properties *to change the dependeny.
These are the steps I am following.

1)Deploy a dbpool *sample *using db2-8.2 jars.
2)launch the dependency viewer.
3)It shows a dependency on 8.2 jars.
4)Added the following in *client_artifact_aliases.properties*
*com.ibm.db2/db2jcc/8.2/jar=com.ibm.db2/db2jcc/9.1/jar
com.ibm.db2/db2jcc_license_cu/8.2/jar =com.ibm.db2/db2jcc_license_cu/9.1/jar
*
5)Stop the server.
6)Restart the server.
7)launch the dependency viewer.
8)It still shows a dependency on 8.2 jars

please let me know if I have missed any step.
Is there any other way to view the dependeny of the deployed module.

Thanks
Ashish

Re: Unable to change dependency using client_artifact_aliases.properties

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Also, client_artifact_aliases works for javaee app clients, and does
not affect the server in any way.  You could try with
artifact_aliases.properties

Also, I believe (but don't entirely remember) that artifacts that
include a version cannot be switched: if you want to use this
facility the dependency you want to switch should not have a version
in it.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.