Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Andy Davids <an...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/12/03 23:52:07 UTC

Eclipse Integration

Hi
I recently come across your project and am trying to work through basic
config and have reached a wall.
I wish to use the eclipse plugin and am stuck trying to import an
example like the Depender example project.
I am able to build the projects outside of eclipse and am able to import
the standalone project and configure, but the depender project does not
import the standalone jar into the ivy.xml[*] repository.  Could you let
me know if this is possible behaviour or if not then the preferred way
to do this.
Thanks in advance.
Andy
Eclipse 3.3 Jdk1.6 Plugin 1.2

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Scott Goldstein <sg...@apache.org>.
Not a stupid question at all.  I didn't realize where you meant to right click, as i don't usually use Package Explorer.  I then found the instructions at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/cp_container.html and figured out your message.  It took a restart of Eclipse, but I finally got the library to appear in package explorer.  The resolve then solved the problem.

  It would be useful to have the Ivy menu options in the Navigator view as well.

  Thanks.

  Scott

Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:
  Maybe a stupid question: have you tried to run a "resolve" on the classpath container (right click, resolve). IvyDE run resolve only on demand, bacause it can be a long running operation. When you don't ask it reuse the last resolve information from Ivy resolution cache (the location of Ivy cache depends on your settings, by default its user.hom/.ivy2/cache.

Xavier

  On Dec 9, 2007 1:11 AM, Scott Goldstein <sg...@apache.org> wrote:
  I've recently tried the latest builds from http://xoocode.org/downloads/tools/.  With both the Oct. and Dec builds, the build path is missing one of my dependencies.  I only have two, one in each configuration.  I have both configurations checked in the ivyde build path container configuration.

 I was wondering if there is a cache somewhere?  The missing dependency is one which I've just added.  I've tried to restart Eclipse as well as remove and add the IvyDE classpath container from and to the build path.  These steps don't seem to solve the problem.

 Thanks.

 Scott

Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:
 The problem is that there is no IvyDE release working with latest Ivy
version (2.0 stream). So you either need to use Ivy 1.4.1 and IvyDE 1.2, or
use Ivy 2.0 stream (currently alpha 2, beta 1 around the corner) and a trunk
build of IvyDE. If you opt for this last option there are unofficial builds
available here:

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
Le dimanche 9 décembre 2007, Scott Goldstein a écrit :
> I've recently tried the latest builds from
> http://xoocode.org/downloads/tools/.  With both the Oct. and Dec builds,
> the build path is missing one of my dependencies.  I only have two, one in
> each configuration.  I have both configurations checked in the ivyde build
> path container configuration.
>
>   I was wondering if there is a cache somewhere?  The missing dependency is
> one which I've just added.  I've tried to restart Eclipse as well as remove
> and add the IvyDE classpath container from and to the build path.  These
> steps don't seem to solve the problem.

What does the ivy console in Eclipse says ?

Nicolas

--
Nicolas LALEVÉE
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES