Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de> on 2007/07/04 12:24:02 UTC

Axis 1.4 POM files missing on central?

Hi list,

one of the projects I'm trying to convert from an Ant build structure to
Maven is using Axis. Instead of version 1.1 that is originally used in the
Ant build I'm trying to use Axis 1.4 so I added the following snippet to my
pom.xml:

<dependency>
  <groupId>axis</groupId>
  <artifactId>axis</artifactId>
  <version>1.4</version>
</dependency>

which itself has dependencies to axis:axis-jaxrpc:1.4 and
axis:axis-saaj:1.4. Each time I execute "mvn compile" I see the following
messages:

[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://localhost:4080/artifactory/repo/axis/axis-jaxrpc/1.4/axis-jaxrpc-1.4.pom
Downloading:
http://localhost:4080/artifactory/repo/axis/axis-saaj/1.4/axis-saaj-1.4.pom
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO]

When looking at central repo (proxied by a local running instance of
Artifactory) I discovered that the above mentioned pom files are missing;
also missing is the pom file for axis:axis-ant:1.4. The directories on
central only contain the jar files, metadata and their checksums, but no
sources jar (apart from axis-ant:1.4).

Coincidence? Intention?

Apart from the messages the build success, btw...

Thorsten

Re: Axis 1.4 POM files missing on central?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
It is impossible for the Maven dev group to be responsible for all the
hundreds of poms, and so this is really the responsibility of the
project itself to provide the pom, binaries, source, javadocs, etc.
File a bug with Axis and perhaps they will resolve the missing poms.

Wayne