Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by ki...@utoronto.ca on 2004/06/21 19:37:50 UTC

Problem with Setup Axis C++

HI,

  I have a problem in setting up the Axis with Apache on Windows 2000.  The
version of Axis I got is  axis-c-1-2-alpha-win32, and the versioin of Apache is
2.0.49.

  I followed the instruction provided on
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html. After making all the
changes, Apache can't run any more.  I tried several times to restart the
service, but all i got was the response error.  As soon as I remove the
loadmodule command that I inserted into httpd.conf (as advised by the
instruction), then apache worked again.  I am totally confused by what's going
on.  I set the system and user environment varible AXIS_HOME = C:\program
files\apache group\apche2\axis, also include the C:\program files\apache
group\apache2\axis\libs in the path.

  Can someone please kindly point out what I could have done wrong?  I noted
that the instruction given on the webpage contains one minor error: <Location>
instead of </Location> for the endding.  Nevertheless, I made the cahnge
myself.  However, could there be other typos or missing information from the
online instruction page, which prevents me from getting Axis to function
properly with Apache?

Thanks a lot,

Kim