Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Curtis Spencer <wa...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/20 13:37:00 UTC

Startup Script

I am a newbie to Tomcat and I was wondering what the best way to get it to start up when Linux 7.0 is starting up.  I created a symbolic link in the rc3.d folder.  Is this the best way?
Also what should be in the server script

Thanks,
        Curtis

Re: Startup Script

Posted by Ryan <rc...@ucdavis.edu>.
I'm using slackware 7.1 and the only thing I added was this line to my rc.httpd

sh /usr/local/tomcat/bin/startup.sh

You could also just paste this line in your own rc.tomcat file. I was too lazy.

Posted by Ferdinand Enario <ft...@dprx.com>.
Hello,

I am also a newbie to Tomcat. I am running Mandrake Linux 7.1 Tomcat 3.2.1 and JDK1.22. I was able to run tomcat with Apache using Adam Fowler tomcat script (Thanks Adam). I modified some of it to suit my configurations. Attached is the file which should be placed in the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory. Also, please change the appropriate configurations that suit to your machine config. After placing this in your /etc/rc.d/init.d directory make a symbolic link on the /etc/rc.d/rcx.d directory.

My machine is defaulted to runlevel 3, so in the directory /etc/rc.d/rc3.d I created a symbolic link like this:

ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat /etc/rc5.d/Sxxtomcat
where xx is numbered "84" which is lower than my S85httpd (we need to start tomcat ahead of apache). Your machine might have different settings. Restart your machine.

I hope this will help you.

Ferdinand