Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/15 08:40:05 UTC

master-slave topology in network of brokers

Hi,

I am trying to understand master-slave topology in network of brokers as
mentioned in http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html.

I didn't find much details about it on the link i posted above,.
Can anyone tell me what exactly master-slave configuration is ? Any
important links about it ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: master-slave topology in network of brokers

Posted by Andreas Gies <an...@wayofquality.de>.
Hi,

you might want to try this link:
http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html

In a nutshell I think it is fair to say that a network of brokers covers sharing the load between a number of concurrently active brokers and the “normal” use case is a cluster somewhere and the throughput is shared across those. The master/slave configuration is to make a broker resilient. Within a master slave configuration only one of the brokers is active at any point in time and serve JMS clients.

This having said, every node in a network of brokers could be a master/slave pair. This is how I normally set up my messaging backbone in my projects.

Best regards
Andreas

Posted by Marco Sacchetto <ma...@pradac.it>.
Look at http://activemq.apache.org/clustering.html and
http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html for the info you need. In a
nutshell, the master/slave(s) configuration is a structure to provide HA in
an active/passive fashion.

--
Questo messaggio è di carattere riservato ed è indirizzato esclusivamente
al destinatario specificato. L'accesso, la divulgazione, la copia o la