Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Veerappan Sridhar <vs...@novell.com> on 2004/11/26 12:40:52 UTC

Doubt in Math

Hi,
I know that tool is there but configuring is the problem for me.Just
have a look at this and give ur comments, where err would have happen.

Hi EveryBody,
I have a doubt, how to integrate the Math Tool and how to use it in
velocity .vm page?
Procedure that i have done are follows...
1.In web.xml i have added these lines of code
<init-param>
  <param-name>org.apache.velocity.toolbox</param-name>
  <param-value>/WEB-INF/toolbox.xml</param-value>
</init-param>
2.i have added one more file toolbox.xml in /web-inf
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<toolbox>
<tool>
<key>math</key>
<scope>application</scope>
<class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.MathTool</class>
</tool>

<tool>
<key>toolLoader</key>
<class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.ToolLoader</class>
</tool>
</toolbox>

3.in file.vm i'm using this syntax
#set($math =
$webwork.bean("org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.MathTool"))

$toolLoader.load("math", "org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.MathTool")
$math.random(1,1000)
#set($x="7.8989")
$math.roundTo(2,$x);
4. i have added the jar file velocity-tools-1.1.jar in lib folder and
set the classpath, still the vm file is not working.

So what to do?
How to solve this problem.

And another issue is there wht it is .. Password encryption is there
wiht Turbine and velocity but anyway decryption is not there i think so,
if any other soultion is there for decp let me know

Thanks in Advace
Regds
Sridhar

Re: Doubt in Math

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Hmm, I may be wrong, but the velocity Math tool is not related to
Commons Math. I'm afraid you may be posting to the wrong list.

-Mark

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center