Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Kakoli <ka...@india.hp.com> on 2000/06/12 09:44:04 UTC

Urgent query!

Hello everybody,
    I wanted a tool which will operate on two xml files to form a
resultant xml file in the fol. way,
a.xml + b.xml = c.xml, where
    a.xml : <a>...</a>
    b.xml : <b>...</b>
    c.xml : <a>...</a>
               <b>...</b>.
    Is it possible in Xalan or is there any other tool for this?
Regards,
Kakoli

Re: Urgent query!

Posted by Jose Correia <jo...@exinet.co.za>.
I advise you to use XERCES which manipulates DOM elements....
you basically parse them both and then append the children of document
element of B to the end of the document element of A.

Cheers
Jose

--

     ) /^\) ^\/ _)        =_"Positive thinking - a great way  )
     )   /^\/   _)         (_        to face life"             )
     )   _ /  / _)          (        Jose Correia            )
 /\  )/\/ ||  | )_)          (_    jose@exinet.co.za        )
<  >      |(,,) )__)           (   jcorreia@global.co.za    )