Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net> on 2005/12/16 22:04:20 UTC

Re: server hit by SIGCHLD

On Friday 16 December 2005 14:05, Scott Broderick wrote:
>Running SA 3.0.2
>Does anyone know a cure for this error I am getting in my maillog
> files? In the file: /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin
>I have:
>
>SPAMDOPTIONS="--max-conn-per-child=1 -d -c -m5 -H"

Why just one session?  The common usage is to restart any child who has
been used 50 times, as a memory conservation fix.  But only once isn't
a really usefull setting.

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this

Re: server hit by SIGCHLD

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Friday 16 December 2005 16:50, Scott Broderick wrote:
>so are you stating it would be better to set that to 50?

Or something in that area.  Memory usage of a spamd process seems to
grow forever, and limiting the child process to 50 invocations seem to
control that rather nicely.  After that the child dies, and the parent
reports the fact in the logs as its spawning e replacement.

Re: server hit by SIGCHLD

Posted by Scott Broderick <sc...@datona.com>.