Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/06/25 21:07:03 UTC

graceful restart Mk. II

Chaps,

I'm working on the proper version of graceful restarts. This now works fine
when there are no Listen directives, and I think I've got the code for when
they are. What I can't see is how to test it ... if I put a Listen in
httpd.conf I end up with no ports being listened on, not even the default one.
Any ideas, anyone?

BTW, what was the point of Listen?

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.

Re: graceful restart Mk. II

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I'm working on the proper version of graceful restarts. This now works fine
> when there are no Listen directives, and I think I've got the code for when
> they are. What I can't see is how to test it ... if I put a Listen in
> httpd.conf I end up with no ports being listened on, not even the default one.
> Any ideas, anyone?

Odd. Is this with your patch or without?

> BTW, what was the point of Listen?

The point of Listen is to bind Apache to more than one port or address
(or both). Which can be rather useful.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server