Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2003/06/19 22:13:05 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 6301 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_client

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 04:58:11PM -0500, philip@tigris.org wrote:
> Author: philip
> Date: Thu Jun 19 16:58:09 2003
> New Revision: 6301
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/subversion/include/svn_client.h
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/add.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/delete.c
> Log:
> Make some parameters const.

Ooh... I just love seeing more 'const'.

Now if we can just convice Guido that const is a Good Thing(tm) ...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: svn commit: rev 6301 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_client

Posted by Colin Watson <cj...@flatline.org.uk>.
On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 04:14:10PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 12:18:14AM +0200, Branko ??ibej wrote:
> > Greg Stein wrote:
> > >Ooh... I just love seeing more 'const'.
> > >
> > >Now if we can just convice Guido that const is a Good Thing(tm) ...
> >
> > Aha, and that strict type checking makes sense for scripting languages,
> > too... oh wow... :-)
>
> Heh.   No, I was referring to the interpreter internals. The C
> implementation doesn't use 'const' in any of the APIs or even the internal
> functions. Guido has resisted because of 'const poisoning'. He doesn't want
> to have to take a mad swath through all the code adding const everywhere
> just to get it to compile (again) after beginning to add const.

I recently added a single const to PuTTY and had to change 30 other
files before it would compile again. :-) I think this was a good thing,
though.

Re: svn commit: rev 6301 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_client

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.