Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by John Morrison <jo...@ntlworld.com> on 2001/03/19 18:37:19 UTC

Batik Charts

Hi All.

I've just started to evaluate Batik as part of the Cocoon distribution.  As
part of that evaluation I have to dynamically generate charts and graphs
from an xml feed which, in turn, was generated from a SQL query.

I have created a xslt document to transform xml data into a simple line
chart.  I also have to generate 'proof of concept' pie, bar and column
charts.  I _don't_ believe that I'm the only person who will need to
generate these.  Would people consider creating a (sub) project of Batik
whose aim is to publish a dtd/schemaX for chart/graph data and several
xslt(s) which output svg?  I and the company I work for are willing to
donate all work done in this area as a start...

Any comments welcome.

John Morrison.

Re: Batik Charts

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vh...@eng.sun.com>.
John,

Thanks for your email and your interest in Batik. Yes, I think this
would be interested for Batik. As you suggest, it might better fit
into a sub-project or sub-module. There have been talks of having
a 'contrib' sub-directory in the batik distribution where I think
the XSL transformations you are talking about could fit well.

Regards.
V.