Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Felipe Nascimento <we...@peladeiro.com.br> on 2003/07/12 02:18:07 UTC

user groups with James

Hi,

I am new to James.
I have a small website where one can create a group, sign in friends(invite)
, and organize some group activities.
I´d like to offer an e-mail adress for each group, but only users that
belong to that group should be able to send successfull mails. As well, when
someone sign a friend in, this friend should automaticly start to receive
that group´s mails.

Is James right for me?

Some indication of material to read?

Thanks and sorry for the english.

Felipe
webmaster@peladeiro.com.br
Brazil

RE: user groups with James

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

http://james.apache.org/mailing_lists_2_1.html

> I believe I showl use DB as James Repository, right?

That's your call.  I do.

> How to set up the DB to have "n" mailing lists?  Is there an "entity-rel
> model" to relate lists to its users?

http://james.apache.org/mailing_lists_2_1.html

James creates tables when it needs them.  All SQL statements are in
conf/sqlResources.xml if you want to review.

	--- Noel

Re: user groups with James

Sounds like a mailing list with member-only sending.  People should sign
themselves in, since signing someone else in is considered bad practice.
The person would send invitations that tell the friend HOW to subscribe to
the mailing list.

--- Noel

RE: user groups with James