Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Naber <da...@t-online.de> on 2004/03/25 20:57:54 UTC

German stopword loading fails silently

Hi,

I noticed that GermanAnalyzer fails silently if the stopword file is not
found:

GermanAnalyzer ga = new GermanAnalyzer(new File("/notfound"));

In this case an empty stopword list is used without any warning. I consider
silent failure a bug. It's easy to fix, but is it okay to add "throws
IOException" or do you consider that an incompatible change? If you think
it's okay I'll submit a bug report + patch.

The only other solution I can think of would be to print a warning via
System.out.println(), but that's not how it's supposed to be done,
obviously.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de

Re: German stopword loading fails silently

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I think a failure for files not found is appropriate.

	Erik