Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Alex Paransky <ap...@standardset.com> on 2004/03/27 00:24:46 UTC

Unable to parse documents generated from elementFormDefault='unqualified' schemas.

Dear XmlBean Users:

We have compiled a schema using XmlBeans which contains
elementFormDefault='unqualified'.  When we receive a request, the
document does not contain any name space references.  Trying to
XmlObject.Factory.parse(...) the input, produces a type of XmlObject
(Any)  instead of the actual generated XmlBeans type.  If we modify the
data which is being passed to us, by replacing <xxxx with <nss:xxxx
xmlns:nss="someNamespace"  the parsing works ok and the proper XmlBeans
class is returned.

Here are few questions then:

1. Is this working as expected
2. Is elementFormDefault referes to the XMLSchema definition (meta data)
instead of the actual document and the actual document should always
have namespaces?
3. Should XmlBeans be able to parse a document which does not have
namespaces in it
4. Assuming we continue getting such a document, what is the best way to
fix it without doing a String.replace("<xxxx", "<nss:xxxx") type of
operation

Thanks.

--
-AP_