Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Κωνσταντίνος Αρετάκης <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/10 22:04:15 UTC

hive jdbc exception

Hi all,
I am trying to execute a hiveql query from a java application with
connection string "jdbc:hive://localhost:10000"
but I get org.apache.transport.TTransportException.

Have anyone faced this problem to give me a solution?
Thanks

Re: hive jdbc exception

Posted by Konstantinos Aretakis <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!
It was the server not able to run at the default port 10000! I did netstat
and I saw a service running at 10000 port and thought it was the hive
server but it wasnt!
I changed the port and it worked!
Thanks again!

K.A

On 10 Ιουλ 2013, at 23:30, Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

obvious question first.  is your Hive Server running on port 10000?    to
check:   $ netstat -lanp | grep 10000  (might need to run as root. show us
the output)

Re: hive jdbc exception

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.