Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Jalali <al...@ubudesign.com> on 2006/03/03 08:24:19 UTC

Re: Quick question

You would have to add those to the ../WEB-INF/lib/

In this case for javax.mail.* you would need to downlaod the java mail API
and put the mail.jar under that folder. Any package that you place in that
folder will be added to your class path automaticly. (for that conetext)
so there is no need to do anything else...

If you have more then one context and need to have a package available for
all of your webapps then you can place the .jar files in
tomcat/common/lib/...

Re: Quick question

Posted by Rakesh Patel <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

well i copied mail.jar, j2ee.jar and commons-logging.jar to the
shared/lib directory.

On deployment i get this error:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log
constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@18d9850 for
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category)

something going on with log4j. Does this mean that log4j must be in
shred/lib also? That is quite a divergence from what i do for Sun (add
to web-inf)?

Any thoughts?

Re: Quick question

Posted by Rakesh Patel <ra...@gmail.com>.
I thought i'd start with a clean install of Tomcat and my latest war and
then take it step-by-step.

The error I am getting on deployment first time round is this:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource (Caused by
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource)

This makes a reference to commons-logging.jar. Where should i put it?
/shared/lib or /commons/lib?

Re: Quick question

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.

Re: Quick question