Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Collin VanDyck <cv...@mindspring.com> on 2003/03/07 23:14:29 UTC

& not decoding correctly in request parameter

Hi,

I have an XSLT that generates a request to a cocoon XSP page.  It looks
something like this:

/template?inputName=templateId&amp;saveAttribute=entityId

However, when I get to the XSP page, and I try and figure out what the value
of saveAttribute is, using:

<xsp:logic>
    String saveAttribute = (String)request.getParameter("saveAttribute");
</xsp:logic>
    saveAttribute is: <xsp:expr>saveAttribute</xsp:expr>
<xsp:logic>
</xsp:logic>

saveAttribute at this point is always NULL.

Note that any parameter specified right after the '?' is decoded properly.
It seems to be a problem with the &amp; as far as I can tell.

I can't understand why this is happening, as I have encoded urls with the
&amp; before with no problem.  If someone could shed some light on this
subject, I would be most grateful.

thanks,
Collin