Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2023/07/02 10:41:07 UTC

Re: View Differences for Tomcat Configuration file versions

> Nadine,
>
> On 6/29/23 12:38, Nadine Young wrote:
>>
>>  From the following page, the View Differences button nolonger lists
>> the differences in versions of the Configuration file selected.
>>
>>       tomcat.apache.org/migration-9.html#Upgrading_9.0.x
>>
>> Is there another way to easily view the differences?
>
> I see the expected drop-downs and "View Differences" button when I view
> that page. It also displays the differences when I click that button.
>
> Can you clarify? Are you not seeing any of that, or does the "View
> Differences" button not show what you were expecting to see?

The diff is broken for me. It should go to the ASF gitbox server but it
redirects to github.

GitHub doesn't have a way to diff individual files between tags in the
web UI as far as I can see.

It looks like Infra has added a redirect for this to GitHub. Not sure if
we'll be able to get an exception granted. I'll ask.

Mark

Re: View Differences for Tomcat Configuration file versions

Posted by Nadine Young <ny...@yahoo.ca.INVALID>.
 Thanks Mark.  This works great. I appreciate your help.
    On Thursday, July 6, 2023 at 06:23:33 p.m. NDT, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

 On 02/07/2023 11:41, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Nadine,
>>
>> On 6/29/23 12:38, Nadine Young wrote:
>>>
>>>  From the following page, the View Differences button nolonger lists
>>> the differences in versions of the Configuration file selected.
>>>
>>>       tomcat.apache.org/migration-9.html#Upgrading_9.0.x
>>>
>>> Is there another way to easily view the differences?
>>
>> I see the expected drop-downs and "View Differences" button when I
>> view that page. It also displays the differences when I click that
>> button.
>>
>> Can you clarify? Are you not seeing any of that, or does the "View
>> Differences" button not show what you were expecting to see?
>
> The diff is broken for me. It should go to the ASF gitbox server but it
> redirects to github.
>
> GitHub doesn't have a way to diff individual files between tags in the
> web UI as far as I can see.
>
> It looks like Infra has added a redirect for this to GitHub. Not sure if
> we'll be able to get an exception granted. I'll ask.

The amazing ASF infrastructure team have implemented a new diff service
for GitBox. I have updated the Tomcat website to use it. Diffs should be
working again.

Mark

Re: View Differences for Tomcat Configuration file versions

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.