Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by ROHDE Alexander <RO...@eib.org> on 2009/02/05 17:42:07 UTC

XalanJ 2.7.1 - format-number implemented?

Hello,

I cannot believe that the format-number function got obsolete with version 2.7.1, so
I guess there will be a simple answer to my question.

I am currently migrating an application currently using Xalan2 1.4.1 to use version
2.7.1. We are using JDK 1.4.2, which will remain unchanged for now.

Everything seemed to work quite ok with the new version (performance also increased)
until I noticed that calls to format-number() returned empty Strings for any combination
of arguments I tried. Basically my test case format-number(42, '0000') did not result
in 0042 which I hoped for.

I guess I should further mention that I am using xalan:evaluate to execute the function.

I looked at the source code in question and I could see, that the class
org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTable
does not contain a function mapping for format-number, which seems to be the problem.
Am I looking in the wrong corner?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Alex

Les informations contenues dans ce message et/ou ses annexes sont
reservees a l'attention et a l'utilisation de leur destinataire et peuvent etre
confidentielles. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, vous etes
informes que vous l'avez recu par erreur et que toute utilisation en est
interdite. Dans ce cas, vous etes pries de le detruire et d'en informer la
Banque Europeenne d'Investissement.

The information in this message and/or attachments is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmittal in error and that any use of it is prohibited. In
such a case please delete this message and kindly notify the European
Investment Bank accordingly.