Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by gerhard oettl <ge...@oesoft.at> on 2006/01/05 12:08:53 UTC

xsl-functions on doc compliance

I always found the compliance page of the documentation a
excelent help when to decide who is to blame: fop or me.  What i
am missing is the status of the xsl-funtions [from-parent(),
etc].

If there is no objection i'll try to create a patch against
xdocs/compliance.ihtml to append them.

gerhard

--
 .''`.   gerhard oettl   on   Debian/Gnu Linux
: :'  :

Re: xsl-functions on doc compliance

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
gerhard oettl wrote:

> I always found the compliance page of the documentation a
> excelent help when to decide who is to blame: fop or me.  What i
> am missing is the status of the xsl-funtions [from-parent(),
> etc].
>
> If there is no objection i'll try to create a patch against
> xdocs/compliance.ihtml to append them.

Good idea. A patch will be welcome ;)

Chris

Re: FOP 0.90.1 Gaps (Was Re: xsl-functions on doc compliance)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I know that situation all too well. We all do what we can in the time
available to us. Let's hope this will soon become critical to someone in
a way that he/she frees the resources necessary to build the missing
features. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

On 05.01.2006 15:18:22 Jess Holle wrote:
> Point taken :-)  Less agitating for gap plugging and more gap plugging
> on my part would obviously be more helpful.
>
> I'd love to, but I have some other fires to fight right now...  FOP is
> currently a fairly minor component in our overall system -- thanks in
> part historically to these gaps, but that is now a somewhat cyclical
> situation...
>
> --
> Jess Holle
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> >Jess, we'll be happy to help you get started if you'd like to work on
> >these missing features.
> >
> >On 05.01.2006 12:49:32 Jess Holle wrote:
> >

> >>This page does clearly document the two biggest remaining gaps in 0.90.1:
> >>
> >>    table 	Basic 	§6.7.3
> >>    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_table> 	partial 	partial
> >>
> >>        * [0.91 beta] Only border-collapse="separate" is supported and
> >>          there's no support for automatic column widths.
> >>
> >>and (a smaller, but significant gap):
> >>
> >>    text-align 	Basic 	§7.15.9
> >>    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align> 	partial 	partial
> >>
> >>        * Only start, end, center and justify are supported
> >>
> >>    text-align-last 	Extended 	§7.15.10
> >>    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align-last> 	partial
> >>    partial
> >>
> >>        * Only start, end, center and justify are supported
> >>
> >>[The gap being the lack of the <string> option for text alignment to
> >>attain alignment to a decimal separation character.]
> >>
> >>--
> >>Jess Holle

> >Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki

Re: FOP 0.90.1 Gaps (Was Re: xsl-functions on doc compliance)

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Jess, we'll be happy to help you get started if you'd like to work on
these missing features.

On 05.01.2006 12:49:32 Jess Holle wrote:
> This page does clearly document the two biggest remaining gaps in 0.90.1:
>
>     table 	Basic 	§6.7.3
>     <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_table> 	partial 	partial
>
>         * [0.91 beta] Only border-collapse="separate" is supported and
>           there's no support for automatic column widths.
>
> and (a smaller, but significant gap):
>
>     text-align 	Basic 	§7.15.9
>     <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align> 	partial 	partial
>
>         * Only start, end, center and justify are supported
>
>     text-align-last 	Extended 	§7.15.10
>     <http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align-last> 	partial
>     partial
>
>         * Only start, end, center and justify are supported
>
> [The gap being the lack of the <string> option for text alignment to
> attain alignment to a decimal separation character.]
>
> --
> Jess Holle
>
> gerhard oettl wrote:
>
> >I always found the compliance page of the documentation a
> >excelent help when to decide who is to blame: fop or me.  What i
> >am missing is the status of the xsl-funtions [from-parent(),
> >etc].
> >
> >If there is no objection i'll try to create a patch against
> >xdocs/compliance.ihtml to append them.
> >
> >gerhard

Jeremias Maerki

FOP 0.90.1 Gaps (Was Re: xsl-functions on doc compliance)

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

Posted by gerhard oettl <ge...@oesoft.at>.
On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:47:51AM +0000, Chris Bowditch wrote:
>gerhard oettl wrote:
>>If there is no objection i'll try to create a patch against
>>xdocs/compliance.ihtml to append them.
>
>Good idea. A patch will be welcome ;)

Ok i'll start the work.

BTW is there a conformance level available for them? Are they all
basic? As far as i can see the rec only speaks about objects and
properties and most of the functions can be use for many
properties so it is not possible to inherit from there.

gerhard